Here at the George & Dragon Hotel it has always been the safety and security of our guests and team members that remains our highest priority.
We are following latest Government Guidelines
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes here at the “G & D “to make sure that when we reopen our hotel we make it as safe as possible, whilst also following the latest government guidelines.
That’s why we’ve developed key promises to you, our loyal customers, as well as our dedicated team to keep everybody safe. We also have some small but important requests for our customers which will help us look after everyone.
These promises and requests mean you can enjoy some well-earned time in our hotel whilst still being safe.
We use a highly effective antibacterial and virus killing chemical in a fogging machine, ensuring our premises are safe. It is nontoxic & safe for humans and pets alike. All public areas in the bar and restaurant are fogged every morning. All hotel rooms are fogged prior to check in.
1. Safe Socialising
We are following the latest social distancing government guidelines.
You may book a table before you visit, so you know you have a safe space to enjoy.
We have positioned tables to ensure safe spacing.
Please play your part and practice social distancing so everyone can enjoy their time with us.
2. We are looking after our team
Training them in accordance with the latest government guidelines for safe working.
Giving them everything they need to work safely, including training on social distancing and hand hygiene.
Carrying out full risk assessments on all areas of the hotel in respect of additional risks presented by Covid-19.
3. Hand Sanitising
We having hand sanitisers at both entrances.
Regularly checking and sanitising hand washing facilities in toilets.
Making sure there is hand sanitiser available at the till when accepting cash.
Please maintain your own personal hand hygiene to protect everyone.
4. Reducing Contact
Delivering food & drink to your table in the safest way possible.
Using disposable menus, so they can be disposed after use or covered menus in washable folders so they can be sanitised.
Preferably accepting contact less payments.
5. Safer Room Stays
We have worked with our housekeeping team, sought their advice and provided them with a wide range suitable materials as they have adapted their cleaning procedures.
- Cleaned and sanitised: Using anti-viral disinfectant for all surfaces and high touch areas.
- All hotel rooms are fogged prior to check in.
- Increased cleaning time: Allowing extra time for additional cleaning during room changeover.
- Removal of non-essential items: Temporarily removed items from your room which are non-essential or excessively time consuming to clean.
- Safer check-in : a distanced check-in where possible, registration forms can be completed in your room.
- Safer check-out: New ways to drop off keys by allowing guests to leave them in the bedroom at the end of their stay.
- External Bedroom Blocks all our bedrooms are external to the main building which houses the public areas: bar, bistro, restaurant & reception.T his means if you are shielding or have health issues you can book a room with us on a Room Only rate and not have to enter the main building.
- Sensitisation of high footfall areas: Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high footfall areas, surfaces and high touch items/features.